In meeting the demands of the oil and gas industry, our facility is equipped with state-of-the-art Integrated Waste Management Services technologies, these includes:
- Integrated Waste Management Services
- Oil Spill Clean Up Response
- Soil and Groundwater Remediation
- Automated Tank Cleaning System
- Produced Water Treatment
Thermal Desorption Units (TDU)
Thermal desorption, in which heat is applied directly or indirectly to the wastes, to vaporize volatile and semi volatile components without incinerating the soil. TDU is a sustainable option for the treatment of hazardous and non hazardous wastes to recover organic components from intractable liquid, sludge and solids contaminated with organic compounds and render the remaining residues suitable for recycling or re-use.
Waste streams suitable:
▪ Tank Bottoms Disposal
▪ Oil Spills
▪ Drilling Mud’s
▪ Catalyst contaminated with Oil
▪ Oil Sludge
▪ Oil contaminated Sludge
▪ Maching Sludge
▪ Grinding Sludge containing oil
High Temperature Incinerator
Our high temperature incinerator can dispose various waste streams such as:
- Waste oil,
- Contaminated soils,
- Heavy fuel oil,
- Toxic waste,
- Contaminated rags and ppe,
- Pyrophoric waste,
- Laboratory waste,
- Marine waste, medical waste to list a few.
At a temperature of 1,100oC, we can guarantee complete destruction of hazardous waste resulting in inert residues with typical volume reductions of 80%. We provide peace of mind to oil and gas companies, chemical, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries, academic and research institutes that require finite destruction of their waste products. Our high temperature incinerator operates to the highest environmental standards.
Drilling Fluid and Cuttings Management
Wastepro deals with huge volumes of drilling waste every year. We use a combination of our own drilling waste treatment processes and those of our suppliers, to increase recycling and minimise the drilling waste disposal volumes.
Wastepro’s will engineer a drilling waste plan to meet the operational specifications and environmental needs of your drilling program. Our engineers collaborate with you to fully understand your project priorities.
The cuttings are treated using a thermal process that separates oil and liquids from the solids. This leaves a clear oil fraction, which is suitable for onward recycling.
Our treatment process increases recovery rates, and enables us to divert over 85% of drilling mud away from landfill.
Our drilling fluid and cutting treatment equipment includes:
• Cutting Dryer
• Dewatering Systems
• Decanter Centrifuge
Our oil spill center is dedicated to Oil Spill Emergency Response preparedness. Wastepro provides a 24/7 spill response service 365 days a year using a team of trained professionals who are on permanent stand-by.
During a spill event the Center is essentially a well-outfitted strategic and tactical response management plant. Upon instruction our team will immediately mobilize to the spill incident with full kit prepared to survey the extent of impact and carry out mitigation works to reduce further impact where required.
Our facility is well equipped with an extensive range of products needed for your oil spill response situation whether its containment, recovery or disposal. Our products includes oil skimmers, containment boom, fire boom, incinerators, trailer mounted vacuum systems, dispersant application equipment and power packs. Our Communications include GSM phone lines, LANs, radio and Internet capability as well as video and digital imagery capability.
Wastepro’s advanced response mechanisms are available for controlling oil spills and minimizing their impacts on human health and the environment.
Our technical partner based in the UK is a specialist in the remediation of contaminated soils and groundwater for over 10 years. We as a team are keen to be involved with any contaminated land project from an early stage, designing remediation right through to implementing remedial strategies. We are delighted to be involved in every phase.
We specialize in removing contamination issues, whether that involves the remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater, responding to oil spills, or treating invasive weed species, we’ve got the experience to deal with them and the commitment and quality to provide a great service.
Our treatment options for soil remediation include:
- Bioremediation: is the a biological degrading processes for the treatment of contaminated soils, groundwater and/or sediments, relying on microorganisms including bacteria and/or fungi to use the contaminant(s) as a food source with resulting degradation of the contaminant.
- Chemical oxidation: involves oxidizing contaminants with the purpose of reducing the concentration.
- Stabilisation: involves the stabilisation of the contaminant in the ground. This often is designed to change the contaminant from a dangerous form in to a less dangerous form.
- Soil washing: Washing soils are more often than not about sorting soils into different constituent parts, gravels, sands and other fines. It’s difficult to explain ‘why?’ without using technical terms but essentially where soils are suitable for washing, contaminants can be isolated in to one of the constituent parts therefore if you can isolate and remove that part, the remaining materials are not contaminated.
- Thermal desorption: Thermal desorption is a process where heat is used to remove contaminants from soil. Heating certain contaminants will reduce their concentrations. The most common use of thermal desorption is to treat hydrocarbon contamination (e.g. petrol and diesel). Desorbed contaminants can often be recovered for re-use.
Our treatment options for groundwater remediation include:
- Pump and Treat: Pump & Treat is one of the more common forms of groundwater treatment, pumping groundwater through a treatment system, then discharging either back to ground, or into the drains.
- Extraction and disposal: These systems mostly fall into 2 categories, bulk extraction using tankers, on-going extraction using pumps to fill a storage tank. Manual extraction is also possible and can be very effective and economic. Water are rarely disposed of, we usually send them to processing centers that separate the contaminants.
- Air sparging: Air sparging is a almost always used to treat hydrocarbons (fuels and oils) contamination. In simple terms this technique involves pumping air through water. This has 2 positive effects on hydrocarbon contamination, forcing the contaminant in to the air and therefor out of the water, and introducing oxygen in to the water, accelerating the rate that contaminant are broken down by bacteria (aerobic).
- Vapour extraction: Vapour extraction is used for removing volatile vapours (fuel odours) from groundwater and/or soils. Vapour extraction is in basic terms, vacuuming vapours out of the ground. Vapours are then passed through carbon filters before being safely discharged to air.
In providing automated tank cleaning service, Wastepro is in partnership with STS a global tank cleaning service provider in Spain.
Our technology provides a holistic approach towards the cleaning of your crude oil and condensate storage tanks. We make use of the most advanced technology and equipment for our Automated tank Cleaning for Heavy and light Oil Storage Tanks and Platform Supply Vessel Tanks. Our ATC system is unique in combining tank cleaning with simultaneous sludge separation and hydrocarbon recovery (98% oil recovered). It is a closed loop and a completely non-man entry system (automated).
We combine the automatic cleaning of the tank with the recovery of hydrocarbons, thus reducing the execution times, storage capacity losses and cleaning costs. These characteristics offer advantages for safety and the environment; reduce execution deadlines and the costs for the customer compared to traditional manual cleaning procedures.
We have Our automated tank cleaning system for cleaning heavy oil/ crude oil tanks, black oil tanks, slop oil tanks and other difficult to clean storage tanks. The system consists of modules built into containers, enabling straightforward transportation and optimum maneuverability. The system includes modules for suction, recirculation, skimming and separation.
While we engage a mobile tank cleaning system for cleaning light oil tanks, oil product tanks (gasoline, diesel oil, kerosene, jet fuel), condensate storage tanks, petrochemical storage tanks etc. The automobile system is a self-powered, integrated process that cleans small and medium sized tanks containing white oil, petrochemical products and small to mid-size black oil tanks.
We have partnered with the Swiss Aquarion Group with various subsidiaries and water treatment equipment manufacturing plants in Germany and other countries to provide produced water treatment and management solutions in Nigeria.
Our solutions include produced water treatment, separation technologies, sludge dewatering, zero liquid discharge (ZLD) systems, shale gas and recycling technologies, process water, condensate polishing, waste water treatment, spent caustic treatment, and recycling and reuse, slop water treatment, seawater reverse osmosis (RO), potable water systems, low salinity enhanced oil recovery, and sulphate removal systems (SRP).